This award, established by Region 9 in 2001 and revised in 2012, is designed to recognize a professional in the region who has made significant contributions to the advancement of ACUI during his or her first five years of full-time service in the college union field. Candidates should be nominated for the quality of their professional work and their contributions to ACUI. A nomination form will be provided with the regional conference registration materials.
The goals of this program are:
- To provide a means of expressing the gratitude and appreciation of the region to an individual.
- To bring to the attention of the region the achievements of one of its promising members.
- To show that people working on behalf of ACUI make a difference in the development, education, and welfare of the philosophy and activities of ACUI.
Open to any full-time staff of an ACUI Region 9 member institution who has been working in the union field for at least two years but no more than five years.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Significant contribution to campus life at his or her institution.
- Demonstrated commitment to the union/student activities field.
- Viewed by colleagues as an educator.
- Displays genuine support and regard for students.
- Demonstrated commitment to ACUI through regional and/or association-wide involvement.
- Employed as a current professional staff member of an ACUI member institution in the field for five years or less.
DEADLINE: The deadline for completed applications is October 11, 2013